An epitome of expert craftsmanship and handmade excellence, the vast collection of Home Canvas Cane Furniture is made with you and your home in mind. The natural look and the neutral colours of the furniture, matched with the wooden base and structure in different finishes, allow for cane furniture to add a unique charm to your home. Home Canvas has multiple options to buy cane furniture online. The collection encompasses a variety of products. You can buy sofas, dining and lounge chairs online, creating a versatile yet cohesive-looking interior.
Why is Cane Furniture Popular in Our Culture
Cane Furniture comes from a method of weaving that is more than 5000 years old and is a craft that has been developed for this period. The natural finish blends seamlessly into traditional or modern settings, lending a piece of history and nostalgia to your home. The colours present in the collection of cane furniture found online on Home Canvas are neutral earth tones which match various interior colours. Cane products are long-lasting and durable due to its specialised weave and structure. Home Canvas brings you affordable and accessible cane furniture that is stylish and contemporary.
How is Cane Furniture Made
Cane is the term for the material that comes from the outer skin of the rattan stalk. Rattan is a climbing vine-like plant in the palm family. Native to Asia and Africa, it is most commonly found in Indonesia. Rattan grows in strong, solid stalks roughly 2-5 cm in diameter that can extend hundreds of feet as it climbs toward the sunlight in dense tropical forests. It is harvested without harming trees, and there are currently efforts underway to ensure the sustainability of rattan harvesting. Once the rattan is harvested, its thorns and joints are removed and its bark is separated from its core. The bark is processed into thin strands, which are woven to make cane furniture and other objects. Since cane is the skin of the rattan plant, it is durable, somewhat flexible, glossy and non-porous. The various weaves that can be created with this skin have been developed for many decades.
The process from harvest to product is as follows;
- The long cane poles are trimmed and heated with a kerosene lamp and bent to
the preferred shape with the help of a wood shaping tool.
- Post this, the different pieces of furniture are turned individually and connected with a flat cane that has been pre-bent. This creates the frame for the cane furniture. Home Canvas has various options of cane frames and wooden frames.
- The stripped cane would then be soaked overnight and wrapped around the frame.
- While weaving the thin strips together for the other parts of the product, designs are formed and nailed together.
- Lastly, the product is coated with natural polish, sometimes up to three coats to get the desired finish.
Advantages of Cane Furniture
The following are the advantages of having cane furniture in the home
- Eco-friendly - Due to the sustainable harvest methods and the processes involved in the creation of this handmade furniture, the end-product is an eco-friendly addition to have in the home.
- Lightweight - Cane chairs are very lightweight due to the materials used, the stripped rattan skins woven together provide a sturdy base, however the end product is still incredibly lightweight and can be transported easily.
- Customizable - the cane furniture online at Home Canvas is versatile and customizable which contributes to the widespread popularity of the material. Whether it is the design of the product or the design of the weave specifically, cane furniture can be created to suit your requirements.
- A common misconception is that lightweight furniture is not long lasting or durable. This is not true, however, as the weaves are done in a way to create a tight base to prevent breakage and wear. When cared-for properly, cane chairs are very long-lasting.
Amplify Your Home With Cane Furniture
Cane is a tensile, sturdy and adaptable material suitable for indoor and outdoor furniture pieces. It is textured, clean, lightweight and eco-friendly with a variable vibe. It complements various design styles; Modern, Bohemian and Traditional Indian.
- When coupled with premium upholstery, cane furniture makes a significant statement in the home. It can be placed in a living room or more casually in a reading or activity area. The combination of fabric and cane elevates any space and can be produced as multi seater or single seaters.
- Cane Dining Chairs are also elegant and can be used to provide a distinct feel to your home. Straight lines and sharp corners can be added to give the space a modern setting. Make sure to buy dining chairs online at Home Canvas
- There are also cane light fittings and wall-hangings that can be used to tie together with the rest of the furniture in the home. Cane baskets can also be used to store little things around the house.
Why You Should Buy Cane Furniture Online
Cane is low maintenance as compared to other forms of wooden furniture, that require the constant upkeep of polishing and maintenance. Cane furniture needs light polishing from time to time, to keep its structure and beauty. Home Canvas brings diversity in design and customizability. From style to durability, quality to pricing, all your cane furniture needs can be met with Home Canvas. The products are lightweight and easy to maintain.
Buy Cane Chairs online from Home Canvas
At Home Canvas we believe in being efficient while maintaining the aesthetic value of your home. The pieces that you have in your home should complement each other and add utility. Cane furniture online can be found on our website in sofas, chairs and lamps. Home Canvas gives you the opportunity to optimise your home with different options. Our handcrafted, artisan made pieces will bring your home decor together.
Browse now, on our website to buy cane chairs online. Add this stylish and utilitarian piece of furniture that suits your needs, to your home!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you maintain a cane chair?
In the event that the seat parts of your cane furniture become dirty or grimy, clean them with a damp cloth or soft brush. If the Cane is not dried on a warm day after cleaning, mould and mildew will develop. Wait 48 to 72 hours before using the chair again to avoid stretching the cane strands. On Home Canvas, you may browse a variety of cane furniture online. The tolix chair, cross back chair, and thonet chair are all part of our collection of cane furniture.
2. What are the benefits of having Cane furniture?
Cane furniture has a timeless beauty and style that distinguishes it from other types of furniture. Cane furniture's natural, artistic, and magnificent appearance ensure that it never goes out of style. The weaving styles used in cane furniture vary, and mastering them calls for specialised training. Home Canvas is the best choice for you if you want to buy cane chairs online.
3. Where can I buy good cane furniture in Bangalore?
The best place to buy high-quality cane furniture is at Home Canvas in Bangalore. We have the finest selection and cane furniture available. For every taste and location, we have something to offer. Our extensive assortment includes dining chairs, side tables and accent chairs. You can also buy lounge and café chairs online from us.
4. Why is cane furniture popular?
Due to the cane's lower carbon footprint and beautiful aesthetic, buying cane furniture online has become very popular. Young couples moving into brand-new homes prefer the look and feel of cane. It's because the cane is more environmentally friendly and has a nostalgic feel. If you're also looking for café or lounge chairs online, browse through our assortment.
5. Are cane chairs durable?
Cane furniture has additional benefits over other materials, including longevity and durability. Cane furniture has a lifespan of 10-15 years when given a coat of varnish or paint every three years. Cane furniture is ideal for outdoor seating.
6. How do you refresh cane furniture?
It is simple to restore or repair damaged or loose cane furniture. If you buy cane furniture online, varnish it at frequent intervals. If the cane weaving gets loose, get it re-woven by a skilled artisan.